8.29.2008

birdy bag

Dandy asked me if I wanted to join her in this bag challenge --
~~
Hmmmm.........let's see -- it involves new fabric, a fun, fun purse pattern, fabulous floss & an excuse to sit & sew with a faraway friend -- believe me, my arm did not need too much twisting!

So she sent me swatches of the bag she made and off to the fabric store I went in search of coordinating fabric and I found these yummy fabrics -- and yes! I-want-my-entire-bedroom-wallpapered-in-this-flower-fabric -- (Sorry, dear. -- insert husband rolling his eyes-->here.)
The front panel of this bag will get this embroidered birdy. I'm stitching this little guy every chance I get because the split stitch and chain stitch is a little bit more time consuming than I thought. Okay -- a lot more time consuming than I thought.

And since this weekend is Labor Day weekend, I am hoping to carry this with me and prop myself in a lawn chair the eeeeeeeeentire weekend -- while my no-flowers-on-my-bedroom-wall husband will be grilling all of our meals on the outdoor grill & the kids will be cleaning up after him..... ahem.


11 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

The colors in that fabric are Yummy! The bird is turning out beautifully. I can't wait to see the finished product. What a fun idea! So nice of your family to cook and clean for you all weekend. Good luck with that! Twyla

SewAmy said...

oh my goodness, I love your stitching and the colors are beautiful. I can't wait to see more.

jacquie said...

your stitching is gorgeous! have fun in your chair...i'm hoping to do the same this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love it so far. Cant wait to see it finished

Mary Anne Drury said...

Beautiful, Gorgeous, Beautiful, Gorgeous !!! I just LOVE that bird you are so expertly embroidering! and LOVE that fabric (I think I have some of that somewhere in the mess known as my sewing room)

Dandelion Quilts said...

Okay, so Dandy's mouth is hanging open! What a wonderful little birdy for your bag! You are a showstopper...wait until those judges see that! I love the fabrics and yes, I would wallpaper with those flowers, too!

Jenna said...

Wow is that going to be pretty! The split stitch is so time consuming, I can't believe how much you've done. It will make for a wonderful weekend project.

Knot Garden said...

Such beautiful fabrics and colours. It's a treat to look at the close-ups of your perfect stitching. You have real skill there! The bag will be beautiful.

Sally said...

You stitching is exquisite! The colors you chose to go with the fabric are spot-on! Can't wait to see the finished project.

QuiltedSimple said...

Love it all - the flowered fabric and your stitching. Can't wait to see it finished!
Kris

meggie said...

Lovely lovely colours!
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.