8.26.2008

apple blossoms & mushrooms

Remember this block? This block that caused such a stand-still in my little quilting world. Well, all of you were right! ----> I would go back to it...........
......after walking through our yard and spotting this on our apple tree -- along with oodles of them that have already fallen -- I knew that block for The Family Quilt must get done. Sheesh! If real trees are already dropping their gorgeous fruit, why can't I get some simple blossoms done on a simple block?

So the apple blossoms are now hand appliqued with hints of embellished embroidery.

And that got my enthusiasm so peaked! I am now putting together the next block -- and this one has to do with guinea pigs and mushrooms. Our kids have/had the cutest, little pink-nosed guinea pigs --adorable is such an understatement!

Here is the work in progress. But I am SO glad that I got kick-started into working on this quilt once again!
~~
Psssssst. tHaNk YoU to all of you who were there nudging me along!



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, your work is absolutely GORGEOUS !!! EVERYTHING .... the colors, the fabrics, the embroidery, the detailed designs .... simply GORGEOUS Dahling!!!!!(just curious.... what kind of applique method do you use?...I've found the duct tape method isn't working for me anymore....)

Mary Anne Drury said...

OOps! I don't know what the heck I just did, but that "anonymous" post is from ME .... Mary Anne over at Moonbeams Headquarters....I should stop pushing the wrong buttons ....

RG said...

Hi Dawn,
Thanks for popping by and commenting on my son's quilt :c)
I love your family quilt...it's brilliant!! Keep up the beautiful work...looking forward to seeing more progress...you go girl!!!

Suzy said...

It turned out beautifully! Just like I knew it would. You are soooo talented! And look at those cute little mushrooms (perfect fabric choice!) and that guinea pig! Adorable! Can't wait to see that one done, too! Quilty hugs! :o)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Dawn as usual your work is beautiful - I'm so glad you came back to it. And I'm so jealous of your apple tree. :) blessings, marlene

Dandelion Quilts said...

See..I knew something creative would come your way. Love the apple blossoms. Very pretty. Those little guys are going to be so cute.

I enjoyed your feedback on the cowboy way of life! :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I can't wait to see the new block finished. I am so into mushrooms right now. Yours are so cute! You picked the perfect fabric for them. Twyla

Knot Garden said...

You are so artistic! I love the touches of embroidery you always add, and the spotted mushrooms on the new block.

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I can't wait to see the guinea pigs block finished.

Cara said...

Hi Dawn! LOVE your apple blossoms with their perfect little french knots! Looking forward to the finished guinea pig- great drawing btw!

QuiltedSimple said...

The guinea pig block looks like it will be fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished!
Kris

Cathie said...

Awwww! Adorable, just adorable! You have so much talent, Dawn. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I confess I went back and looked at your filet doily again just for the joy of it... dang that is beautiful work AND a beautiful pattern!

Cath

Sally said...

So gorgeous! Glad you went back to it. Time heals all, doesn't it? Now you MUST show us the entire block...not just a smidgeon of the blossoms. And the guinea pigs and mushrooms is gonna rock!

SewAmy said...

sew happy you got your MoJo back. Your blocks look great, you have such a gift for applique.

meggie said...

So cute. Love the mushrooms. Your applique is lovley.