1.10.2012

a bunny & a 'bad' dog



For every Valentine's Day, I crochet each of 3 kids some sort of amigurumi.  It's a tradition that my son demands I keep.  (And for a soon-to-be-13-yr.old-ALL-boy...I'm tickled pink about that.)

So I started pouring through my books & magazines, looking for some sort of cute amigurumi to make for them.


And I found this darling bunny -- she has her own blog that chronicles all of her adventures! -- how cute is that?! 

The pattern is from here:

Inside Crochet March 2010 Issue 15

I struggled & scratched my head a bit with this pattern, because this magazine hails from the UK and the crochet terms are British English instead of American English.  A little tough at first when they print dc and it actually means sc, but after awhile I whizzing through it with no problem.



I used Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather with a size G hook.


She's so floppy and adorable that I must keep her away from a certain four-legged creature that goes by the name of Bear.......



...because he, lovable golden retriever that he is...

(ahem)



...thought he would be of assistance and help with the taking down of our Christmas tree.  Never mind that in taking the ornaments off of the tree, he  proceeded to eat them!!...

Argggh.

Bear looking all apologetic.

Yup. 

It worked.

Apology accepted.







14 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo cute!!!
^___^



http://alicecloset-sewing.blogspot.com/

Miss Holly said...

Poor bear....he couldn't help himself.......= ^ .. ^=

Anonymous said...

Who can stay mad at a face like that! :D Adorable!
xo,
wink

Marilyn said...

oh poor bear...he must think that things that grow on trees must be edible...they usually are you know! maybe he needs a bunny of his own...to console him! I love the bunny bum BTW...so squishy! have you met little bunnie fu fu? :)

Anna said...

Cuty rabbit !
You are obviously ready for Easter !
Hug
Anna

Grateful4Crochet said...

what a beautiful tradition you have with your kids- that is such a lovely idea!!
And I adore that rabbit- he is so cute- will be checking out his blog for sure!!

Andi said...

Before I get to that beautiful "bad" dog, let me just say well done you! Well done for raising a boy that appreciates the beautiful things his mother creates!
Okay now back to that beautiful face..seriously Bear can eat any of my handknitted socks and I would not care!

annemarie said...

Darling bunny - I used to have trouble with UK crochet terminology but now I automatically think sc when they say dc etc. Wonder why we cannot all use the same terms - seems so crazy to me. Your poor angel looks so sad - Bear truly does look like he is sorry for his misdeeds!!

Aisyah Helga said...

That bunny is so cute!! I'm sure bear is very sorry for what he did...he looks contrite :p

Mopo said...

Ohhh It's so cute!!! :) :)

Tina said...

What a cute Bunny!! And the dog too!! xx

Pradeepa said...

Very cute bunny and what an adorable "bad" doggy he is! :)

Olga Poltava said...

That's a wonderful family tradition. And the bunny is so adorable.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Very cute crocheted rabbit. I'd love to make one for my granddaughter :)