8.05.2009

the oh! bag




Just imagine the delight of a fabric-loving mom taking her 13yr. old daughter to the fabric store and watching her run from bolt to bolt exclaiming quite loudly that
.
She loves this one!
.
No.
.
This one!
.
Oh, but wait!
.
I love this fabric more!
..
I honestly just stood back and glowed. My husband glows when our son hits a home-run, but I glow when my daughter can be seen hugging a bolt of fabric up and down the aisle looking for that perfect complimentary fabric that will just make the bag she wants.
.
.
.
She chose this fabric and she was walking on air when she spotted the most perfect handle to complete her bag. All of this purchased at JoAnn Fabric.
.
.

While she & her dad were out shopping, I was able to quickly finish the oh! bag. And because her dad was taking a long time trying to purchase all of the things he wanted -- she made a quick call home to see how much progress I had made.
.


Pretending that --yawn-- I was just barely started on it, I could hear her disappointment that Mom could just not seem to sew faster.
.
.

Little did she realize that it was already completed & hanging by the back door for when she & Dad came home.


Oh! She loves her oh! bag. And the cutest thing? -- o.h. are her initials.

15 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

The oh bag is fantastic! Your daughter is a lucky girl. I know what you mean, I am so thrilled when Lindsey asks me to sit down and show her how to crochet. Twyla

StitchinByTheLake said...

I can't believe you found such a perfect handle! And what a fun time for you both... blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

OH my gosh!! I just love it too!! That handle is fantastic. I want to make an OH bag too!

Cheryl said...

That's pretty great! The handle is really nice, too. My daughter has become a little immune to fabric, seeing as she sees me in the shop all the time.

Kristen said...

I remember the excitement of picking our fabrics with my mom for special dresses. What a fun time for you!

I had to draw the line when she offered to sew my wedding dress, though. I would have been missing a sleeve or something on my wedding day. :)

Evelyn said...

Pretty things!! That is a perfect handle. Hi from Spain.

Meggie said...

Such great taste! Must take after her mother!!

willywagtail said...

Everything, absolutely everything up and down your page is so incredibly beautiful. It is no wonder your daughter has such good taste with a mother like you. My daughter loooved the green in your potholders too but I love the way you have combined the pink with it. I am just gushing but it really expresses how I feel.

RG said...

OH!!! Dawn it's truly wonderful!!
..and you should be a proud Mummy!
Oooooohhh :D

SewAmy said...

oh, how cute!!!

Chandra said...

I literally just found your blog and am now your most recent follower! I am planning on adding you to my blogroll, too. Love the inspiring crochet projects and lovely colorful pictures. I love how you create projects for loved ones, something I myself adore doing! :) Come by and visit me...www.monkeyshinebusiness.blogspot.com

Dandelion Quilts said...

It sounds like you girls had a fun time...and what a mom are you to just whip that out like that. I bet she was really Ohing when she saw it. Is it just me, or is that also a new bag up on your fabulous banner? I love your banner. Perhaps I need to hire your expertise, girly.

QuiltedSimple said...

OH this is cute! I love the handle she put with it too.
Kris

Ivory Spring said...

Dawn - that's a perfect bag for a girl!!! Your daughter is definitely blessed.

sweetjeanette said...

"O-H" how perfect!!! I love those handles too! Now I have to go to JoAnn's yet another time!!! LOL

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com