10.02.2012

the farthest I have ever gotten

 
 
 
Okay.  So I am enamoured with all things lace. 
 
 
 
After knitting my cherry tomato scarf and LOVING how delicate & intricate it turned out, I wondered if I could do this for a garment.
 

 
 
Now if you know me -- trying to crochet or make any type of garment never happens for me.
 
Never. 
 
Whether it is sewing a garment, crocheting a garment or making anything that I might wear ----> it.does.not.happen!
 
Oh, believe me! I always start out with good intentions, but sheesh! after a few rows or a few stitches it ends ups in that dark corner of my closet, all balled up, never to be seen again.
 
 


But lace....the lace!  It just intrigues me.  Calls me.  Speaks to me.

(Yup.  This is where my husband/kids reeeeeeeeally begins to question my sanity...or lack thereof.)




Regardless, I'm on a mission & pattern hunting begins.



 
And I found one!  The pattern:  Four Season Vine Lace Vest from Classic Elite Yarns
 
So far? 
 

 
 

Knitting the lace is working. 

Nicely.

And the added bonus?! -- which I can not believe -- is that it actually resembles something that I can might be able to wear...





14 comments:

heidi said...

very pretty!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You can do it!!
And just think how fun it will be to wear!!

Anonymous said...

Knitted lace always calls to me also. This is just lovely!!!

Tanya said...

so so beautiful!

Bari Jo said...

This is beautiful! I hope to learn to knit some day - I loved the scarf - and this project in white looks gorgeous, too! Cannot wait to see it finished! ;O)

cristina said...

you must do it, it's gorgeous and you've done all right so far.

Anna said...

Gorgeous !
I'll never have the patience to do such beauty...
Hug
Anna

Marilyn said...

I think we each come to this stage at the right time...I remember the first attempt at "lace"...it was a small bag and I did it with crochet cotton...and it worked and I was flabbergasted at how easy it actually was...
it's just a matter of doing what they say and...bazinger...it's lace. and white lace is the best lace...just sayin'!!! even if you don't finish (but you will now because you told us about it)you tried and gained the knowledge...so can't wait to see it done...and it will be.
:)

God's Kid said...

Absolutely beautiful so far!! :)

Everlasting said...

Very nice!!!
We don't see white often and I think yours it beautiful. Great idea!

annemarie said...

You are amazing - this is beautiful. I cannot wait to see it finished!

Ana BC said...

A vest is a great place to start with knitted garments. Your project is looking gorgeous, so keep the good work!!!
My best wishes,
Ana BC

Anonymous said...

Which beautiful lace dream...

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you are pressing through to finish! And in knitting, no less.
I adore lace, whether crocheted, bobbin lace or knitted.
And you are doing a lovely job! It looks soft and scrummy.