9.16.2008

<3's for Lin

I have 'met' a beautiful lady, Lin and she is making me a sweet quilt and I -- in turn -- made this 12' x 12' quilt for her.
We had to somehow incorporate hearts in our quilt and I pulled this 'theme' from a girl's shirt that was on the cover of a flyer for school clothes that came in our local newspaper. I added off-white embroidery swirls to highlight the khaki background fabric.

And seeing knotgarden's glorious flowers (oh! you must go & take a look!) that she has featured on her beautiful blog, I decided to include a flower for Lin & crocheted this mum. Now, it's all boxed up and headed off for a very loooooooooooong plane ride. Destination: Thailand.
~~
Enjoy the <3's, Lin!

15 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

How pretty! I love the embroidery everyone does, and have never learned how to do it myself - although I'm thinking I desperately need how to learn! What a great mini quilt!
Kris

Cara said...

OMG!!! LOVE it! You are one talented girl Dawn!

Suzy said...

How sweet! And I LOVE that crocheted flower! :o)

RG said...

Hi Dawn :c)
thanks for popping by my blog again :p

I love your embroidery swirls and your dear little birdie.
You are a very clever lady!!!!
Beautiful stuff :c)

Robyn xx

fi said...

i love your wee little quilt:)great colors!and your mum brooch, i'm in love!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Cool swap. Neat projects! That looks intricate. The flower is very hip! Lovin' it.

meggie said...

That is just a gorgeous little quilt! Love the embroidery swirls. Crocheted mum is sweet too!

jacquie said...

you should put a warning on this post...this is so spectacular...i just about fell off my chair! i can't stop looking at this. gorgeous!!!

Knot Garden said...

As always it's your embroidery and your choice of colours that makes your work stand out! You've got me thinking I need to do some embroidery. The little quilt is gorgeous and so is the lovely flower.

SewAmy said...

beautiful, just beautiful.

Sally said...

The wee quilt is delightful...such fine stitches in your embroidery, and so imaginative. Thanks so much for sharing.

And thanks for stopping by my own blog and leaving such nice comments. One always wonders if anyone reads what one writes and/or will be affected by one's own opinion...thanks for affirming me!

~Niki~ said...

Love your blog. I added you to my favs.

Anonymous said...

How pretty! You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful work! You did a superb job. I really love the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Love this! So cute. Is there a tutorial for the crochet flower?