2.25.2008

dresden plate mat

I recently found this book at the thrift store and paging through it found so many cute fabric crafts to make.

Now, how cute is this pattern for a Dresden Plate Mat?.....(and the house tea cozy and cat tea cozy that you can kinda see in the upper corners are just so, so, so adorable! The house tea cozy reminds me of dutchblue's tea cozy ----hers is so doggone, incredibly enchanting, I could move right into it!)
and improvising, I pulled together fabrics that I thought would work........


added rick-rack (my new love---I swear I have to add it to everything!)

And because the middle looked a little too plain (okay, sometimes I can't leave well enough alone) I rough-appliqued the flower and petals.

Not too bad for a vintage book find and scraps of fabric---especially for me.
----------
Okay, so there are some lumps and it doesn't totally lie flat....
---------
But ha! I love this!--check out this video --it gives reference to the 'Quilt Police'--and having those unsightly mistakes on a quilt---thank you, Lisa.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your color choices are so fabulous!
I too, love a great thrifted find!

Lisa Boyer said...

Those are adorable! The rick rack and flowers are genius. You know, my local thrift shop has that book and I've thumbed through it left it behind twice...and here you made something "knock-your-socks-off" gorgeous from it! You are so talented...I just love to see what you do!

Mary Anne said...

Dawn !! the second I clicked on your post and saw your dresden plate mat I said "Gasp ! I LOVE that !!!! That is so CUTE !!!!!"

.... and those mice in your last post !!! Love those meeces to pieces !

Knot Garden said...

Why can't I find nice things in thrift shops, lol! You made the dresden plate mat even better with your flower applique.
Love the mice in your previous post - what little girl wouldn't love her own cute mouse.

Dandelion Quilts said...

This is cute, spunky, and fun! Thanks for visiting my blog...I am in need of some sewing buddies online.