2.28.2008

BQ

BQ. (Before quilts and quilting.) Before all of this quilting that I am so head-over heels about-- I somewhat dabbled in cross-stitch.


I actually purchased this cross-stitch project because the entire thing was about purses. And I have this thing for purses. It took forever (a few times I just wanted to get rid of the whole project because it was soooo time-consuming.)

My hat is off to women who love this type of stitching (and I envy your stick-to-it ability to do this type of stitching) but I have found that although this came out quite impressive, my love still lies with quilting, sewing and embroidery where the choices seem to be endless as far as what you can do to make it come alive.


-------------------

And the fabric in the first picture is for a bag that I was asked to make and auction off for the Leukemia Foundation later in March. I'll be posting that when it nears completion.

7 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Cute purses. Long ago I use to cross stitch when I was a pre-teen and entered things in our local 4-H section of the county fair. I love those fun fabrics for your purse...women will go ga-ga for them in the auction.

Lisa Boyer said...

I used to do crosstitch too, before I discovered quilting. I have one unfinished project that is definitely worth finishing...except all that's left to do is outlining everything in black! I just can't do it! It's too depressing! Perhaps that's what drove me to quilting...

Beautiful crosstitch!

Anonymous said...

you do such beautiful stitching! i am so impressed with the smallness. very wonderful.

-bess

Unknown said...

Your fabric choices are so, so yummy! I can't wait to see the finished bag.

Unknown said...

Your cross-stitch is gorgeous, Dawn! Wow! Looks like it took a long time to complete. Good thing you stayed with it. I know I grow very frustrated with this type of stitching too and then I have to turn to my stash of fabric.

Thanks for posting such fabulous pictures.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and am sooo in love with your projects & ideas and pics!

Knot Garden said...

I used to do some cross stitch a long time ago. I still do dabble occasionally. Those purses are so cute, I'm not surprised you liked this design. Love the colours.