4.10.2008

randomness

I've been tagged by Jackie from Canton Village Quilt Works to list 7 random facts about myself.
Here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

-----------
7 random facts about me


1. I love, love, love the look & feel of fabric. The colors & textures seem to come out & touch all of my senses.

2. Even weirder---I love, love, love to iron fabric.

3. I would much rather sew by hand than with machine.

4. I would love to open my own yarn store. My husband groans when he hears this because it's only about every day that I say this to him.

5. There is something about the hydrangea that completely mesmermizes me. So beautiful. The hues of purples, blues, white...each intricate petal forms such a gorgeous blossom.

6. Autumn is my favorite season.

7. My husband bought me a box of crayons for an anniversary present. Strangely I have received diamonds from him but crayons are still my favorite.

---

Now, for some of you, you'll have to pretend with me. I know how hard it was for me to list personal facts about myself because I am a very private person. But transport yourself back in time to when women sat around in their desirable quilting bees.

Still with me? Good. Because I know those women of long ago shared personal tidbits about themselves all in the name of warm friendship between quilters, neighbors & friends. And I secretly desire to sit down with all of you and actually share in laughter, gabbiness and the stitching of a hand-pieced quilt. Keeping that in mind, I am tagging--remember--think: virtual quilting bee!--to share 7 random facts about yourself:
4. QuilterSal's Pieceful Harbor
5. Spring Thinking
6. Suzy's Quilting Room
7. Tallgrass Prairie Studio

I know, I know most of you have been tagged 6 times since Tuesday, but just pretend that I am that old, old woman invited to the quilting bee that is sooooo hard of hearing & a tad bit forgetful and you just need to repeat everything many, many times just so that I can hear it and understand it.....or, just smile and nod and link back to the post that lists the first time you participated in this...*grin*

8 comments:

jacquie said...

Dawn, I'd be happy to attend the virtual quilting bee! I know what you mean about hydrangeas...

Knot Garden said...

Yes, I have done the 7 random things before, but thanks for the thought and the link! I'm with you on ironing fabric, and if you open a yarn store could it be near my house?

Dandelion Quilts said...

Hooray...I have been tagged!! Thanks, pal. Fresh crayons are the best...btw. :)

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness someone else who loves a new box of crayons! I know exactly how you feel. :-)

Suzy said...

Wow -- my first tag! Coolios. Thanks so much for thinking of me. I'll gladly play along. :o)

P.S. A fresh box of crayons and Autumn are my favorites, also! I'm really going to miss Autumn when we move to Florida.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your facts! I love how you presented them in pictures along with your words. I love a new box of crayons too. I hope your dream comes true someday to open a yarn store. I am with you on the virtual quilting bee!!

Sally said...

Wow! I've read about tagging but no one has ever tagged me before! Thanks, Dawn....now to get over to my own blog and follow the rules...

meggie said...

Here from Knot Garden to visit. Loved your 7 randoms, & I adore your wonderful photos all together there, so bright & appealing.
Very nice blog, lovely pics.
Your hand quilting looks amazing!