11.20.2008

thankful

Being thankful for ~


*faith*family*friends*
~~


I am paper-piecing these pumpkins with scraps from my fabric stash & using the 'Pumpkin Crazy' pattern from the Nov. 08 issue of this magazine ~



I am hoping to get this wall-hanging done just in time for Thanksgiving....but hopes aren't necessarily a reality in my world. (On a more personal level --> our Golden Retriever, Jake was hit by a car yesterday and the event has been a devastating detour in our somewhat 'normal' family' life. He is recuperating on the couch and thank goodness we have 3 Florence Nightengales -- in the form of 3 children -- who see to it that all of his needs are being met.)


And seeing my fingers doing something with needle or thread calms & soothes the pains that make their way into that thing called---> LiFe.

Still. I am thankful for so much. And yes, w/ smile on my face, I am thankful for all of the friendships from you, dear readers!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what you are working on, very pretty. Paper piecing is great! So sorry to hear about your dog. I will be thinking of him and praying for a quick recovery.

Suzy said...

What adorable pumpkin blocks! I may have to make some up myself for next Thanksgiving. That'll give me some time. LOL!

So sorry to hear about your dog. How scary. I hope he recovers quickly and good as new. Hugs...

willywagtail said...

I am so sorry about your dog. My son lost a couple of his dogs to cars and has given up hope of ever loving another which is really sad because they arre so good for our children. Thankyou so much for your encouraging comment today!

Mary Anne Drury said...

OH poor Jake !!! Hope he's feeling better soon! I'm sure that was a terrible scare for you and your family.

.....and on another note.... those pumpkins are just the cutest things!! (as is every single thing that you make!!!)

Dandelion Quilts said...

Sorry to hear about poor Jake. Glad he is still with you all. I am sure he is loving all of the kids' attention. SPeaking of loving, I love the banner (I don't think I ever told you) and I am especially loving those pumpkins! I love fall and those are just so sweet.

Michaela said...

I am so sorry about Jake. Hope he is feeling better soon.
The pumpkins are adorable!

Knot Garden said...

Oh wow, those pumpkin blocks are gorgeous - I love your fabric choices and the way you put browns and yellows in there with the orange.
So sorry to hear about Jake. Best wishes to you and Jake and hoping he heals quickly.

QuiltedSimple said...

The pumpkin blocks are gorgeous - I so hope you finish it by Thanksgiving - I can't wait to see it!

So sorry about Jake! Hope he mends quickly!!!.
Kris

jacquie said...

so sorry about jake. that's definitely a bump in the road! your pumpkins are terrific. i wonder if they could be free pieced. i so don't like paper piecing.

Anonymous said...

WOW, Dawn - what lovely fabrics you have used for the paper-pieced pumpkins! I can't wait to see the finished work!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Jake. I know how much a part of our families dogs are and my prayers are with him and your family. Twyla

Sally said...

Oh, my! My heart did a flipplop! Our poor Jake (also a Golden) died almost 3 years ago and we still miss him...I swear I see him around the corner once in a while. I hope your Jake mends really fast. Poor thing!

On a happier note - those pumpkins sure do look festive...good luck getting them done before next week. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

SewAmy said...

omg, I am so sorry about your dog. Poor pumpkin. And I love your pumpkins by the way. They are so cute. Give the dog a pat/rub for me.

Amy said...

love the pumpkins, thank you for sharing, Amy