1.24.2010

it's hip to be square potholder


.
I can't get my mind off of this tunisian entrelac crochet.
.
And because of that -- all other projects have come to a stand-still and I am putting together combinations of colors. And more colors. Aaaaaand more colors.
.


.
My yarn stash is in our basement & I do most of my crocheting upstairs, so after about 14 trips up and down the steps of decision making....
.
Do I like these 3 colors?
No.
How 'bout these 3 colors.
No again.
.
I finally came upon a combination of three colors from my Sugar 'n Cream bits & pieces of cotton thread.
.

.
And what better thing than for this entrelac patchwork block to become a potholder?
.


.

I think I'll finish the back with one-colored square of entrelac and single crochet a border around the edge.

.

Wow. I can finally fill my kitchen drawer with cheery, bright & simply made potholders. Something our drawer is in desperate need of.

.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun and cheery on a bleak winters day!!

glor said...

I love the colors ... they are soooo happy! I really have to learn this!

Unknown said...

Love the colors! All the walking up and down paid off and the best part is you were working out.

QuiltedSimple said...

lovely, lovely, lovely. perfect color combination
kris

Kristine Mullen said...

Bright & beautiful is the first thing that came to mind. I've really been wanting to try entrelac and now I've got inspirtion. Glad I found your blog.

~Kristine

Molly said...

I think you have chosen great bright colors, plus you got a little exercise....whether you wanted it or not!!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Could you send me a link to this technique-I just LOVE it!!!

Fusha Roberts said...

I would like the link to this also.

Unknown said...

I have to try this!!! Found step by step instructions on YouTube!!!!! Can't wait to start learning the stitch.
Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

I have to try this!!! Found step by step instructions on YouTube!!!!! Can't wait to start learning the stitch.
Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Hola buen día. Donde veo las instrucciones para hacerlo

Unknown said...

Please send me the link to the you tube instructions or link for pattern. I would live to make this as a blanket! Thank you!