1.05.2010

crimson & snow

.
Crimson & snow. How appropriate.
.

.
The colors of this Bernat Satin yarn that I am using for this crocheted entrelac scarf are called:




Crimson & Snow.
.

.
And looking around outside I see examples of crimson & snow everywhere.
.
.
.
These entrelac blocks are crocheted with an H hook (and next time I will use a larger hook -- maybe a J or even K so these edges don't curl so fiercely....)
.



Now to crochet the rest of these cascading blocks into a wearable scarf and think of some nifty way to finish off the edges. Read ---> no curl!



11 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

As my grandson would say...beautymous! blessings, marlene

Evelyn said...

It´s a wonderful job. So much snow there, it is cold my dear!!

glor said...

Love your scarf. I have yet to try entrelac ... I think now I have to! Great work.

Unknown said...

Looks like peppermint or candy canes, sweet and beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Your crochet work looks wonderful, you are so talented!
~Cheryl

said...

Olá, amiga!
Belíssimos trabalhos. Parabéns!
Que vc seja, esteja e viva sempre muito feliz.
Carinhosamente,
Dô.

Aarti Badamikar said...

very very pretty red 'n' white!! :)

QuiltedSimple said...

oh how pretty!
Kris

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It's just magnificent! Hope you are having a great week. Snow? We have a couple of inches. Twyla

Anonymous said...

This is a little off subject but when I was exploring your blog I came across a crocheted chatelaine for your scissors, needles, etc. I just love it....did you give out the pattern for that or do you know where I can get the pattern for it.....it is just fabulous. Thanks for any help you can give me on this subject = )

Jamie

jamiehudd@aol.com

Veerle said...

Your pictures are incredibly beautiful. Combining them with the other (non-crochet) pictures is stunning!
Great work!!!