1.22.2010

beginnings of a doily on my lap




.
I am paging through my stack of books that I received for Christmas and I found something extra-special in this book:
.

.
Using my 7 steel hook and Lydia's Bamboo crochet thread & Mary Werst's EXCEPTIONAL pattern -- and phew! this doily is rated EXPERIENCED -- I. am. stunned. that I am able to decipher this words-only pattern.
..
.


It is already so gorgeous and I have about 27 more rounds to go.
.
.
.
So with pets & patchwork on the couch, I have the perfect project for this cold, gray month of January.




9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa, it is looking beautiful.

Teresa

Tudy said...

It looks great already. Cannot wait to see it finished. Good job on the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Very,very pretty

glor said...

Oh how beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product. I adore doilies!

QuiltedSimple said...

Very lovely! I cannot wait to see it done
kris

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So, so pretty! I am just going to have to dig out the old crochet hooks after viewing your creations!

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's going to be gorgeous Dawn - reminds me of some my grandmother made. blessings, marlene

Rachel said...

Gorgeous really is the only word to use... absolutely gorgeous! can't wait to see how it looks finished!

N. Maria said...

Wow, what a gorgeous doily! I'll have to look up that book!