7.23.2008

ooooh. red is my favorite color!

Actually red is not my favorite color. But it is my sister's---and she has been dropping some pretty broad hints since.....oh...'bout November when it was our other sister's birthday and then again at Christmas about getting a bag from me.
And yay!....she finally had her birthday and guess what she got?

Tada! A bag! And when picking out the fabric I did not intend to incorporate her favorite color but I loved, loved this flowery fabric and then had to walk through the fabric store for about 16 hours searching for that perfect complementary border/detachable flower fabric.

I then sneakily drove to her house. Deposited the wrapped parcel on her front doorstep. And sped away. When the phone rang later it was her calling to gush that she loooooooves that bag.
~~~~
Happy birthday, sissie. Finally, huh?



14 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

She's not the only one who loves that bag! Please tell me about the flower...did you make it or buy it? And if you bought it, where? If you made it, how? Blessings, marlene

willywagtail said...

I love your pattern combination and the button too. Don't you just love it when someone you know gets one of your bags and you can keep enjoying your artistry. I do! Cherrie

Suzy said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! *whines* I want one!!! If I give you my address will you drop by my house and leave one on my porch? LOL!

Your sis is very lucky to have such a wonderful, talented and thoughtful sister! :o)

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Dawn, I just found your blog and your purse is so cute. You are very talented. Love the flower.
Bonnie

jacquie said...

totally chic! i have that b&w fabric, but haven't had a clue how to use it. perfect choice.

Knot Garden said...

The two fabrics complement each other perfectly, and I love the button - I'm not surprised your sister loved it!

SewAmy said...

those fabrics go GREAT together. It is beautiful. And what a wonderful way to surprise your sister. Love it. :o)

Dandelion Quilts said...

So cool. How'd you do the label. As buddy would say...Fancy!

meggie said...

I can see why she loves that bag!! It is sooo Ritzy! aka Classy!
Well done!

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh I love it - so bright and cheerful!
Kris

Sally said...

That bag is stunning! Good job. I don't do red much but I can certainly admire it!

TATESAL said...

Hello!!!
l live in Turkey...Your blog very good.Very good bags...
With my love...

Jaime said...

I loved the tutorial for the other flower you did and made my own with much success! Thank you for posting it! Have you posted one for the flower on this red bag? I realize this post was a long time ago but would love to know how to make this flower! Thanks!

Phillaine said...

This is the sweetest gift ever. I love that you left it as a surprise like a may day basket or something :D You're a total sweetheart. And talented--that bag's gorgeous!