3.31.2008

block & mesh

Filet crochet. Yup, I've looked at the different patterns in the many crochet books that I have, many, many times-- but never wanted to even attempt it. Too hard. And the diagrams---yikes! who could follow that?!
Then I stumbled upon this book:

Wow. Wow. Wow. Not only is this beautiful, but the diagrams are so easy to follow. I chose the Diamond Lattice pattern (rated beginner) and love the feel of seeing this come to life with just single crochet and double crochet blocks and meshes.


The patterns in this book are so lovely!
A very TODAY feel to the blocks but still relying on that wonderful, pervasive power of the past---which I love so much!

Oh, my. Aren't they gorgeous?!
---------------
Now to get hooking so I can see this Diamond Lattice come to life.

5 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

This is looking great. You are so multi-gifted. :) I love the red.

Suzy said...

What cool crochet patterns. I love the red you chose. Red is my favorite color (along with yellow). Can't wait to see it all completed. Have fun! :o)

Mary Anne said...

To answer your question .... yes! those crochet pattern are gorgeous!!! and so is the one you're working on!(as is the quilt in your previous post .... you talented thing you!!!)

Knot Garden said...

That looks like a good book. It's surprising how different filet crochet looks when it's worked in colours, rather than white. Love your choice of red.

Ruth said...

Crochet patterns with diagrams are so much easier to follow. Years ago I got some crochet books from Japan that had the diagrams and they were great. I have never done filet crochet, but it sure looks like fun. I might look for that book.