2.25.2014

motif #109






This is motif #109 from a favorite book of mine:










This adorable block involves edc(extended double crochet) and a leaning tower stitch and a partial leaning tower stitch ~which I have never done before~ but! it gives the block a unique, stacked stitch that is really quite easy to do (and nope - I will not share the pattern...Seriously! get this book! It is a must-buy-for-your-crochet-shelf!)




I am just using scraps of yarn & a G hook.




And having learned from past granny square making...




....I am weaving the ends of all those color changes as I finish each block.




Because waiting until the end when you stacks & stacks of blocks ...

Um. Not a good thing.


12 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I have this book and it is awesome! :)

Love the colors you have chosen...and it appears your sweet little kitty does, too!

Wishing you a lovely day.

Marilyn said...

the best thing you said was ....you're weaving in the ends as you go... love those words...how anyone does not, I don't understand.
HELLO there...long time no read...and I see there are a couple of other posts I didn't see... why not??? welcome back to the fold dear one...you have been missed. Well, I missed you!! xx :) :)

Eulalia Isabel said...

lindos los cuadrados.

saludos

Pradeepa said...

Love the squares, very pretty colors. I wonder what you are planning to do. A blanket perhaps? Thanks for your wishes!

Anitha said...

The squares are so lovely and the colors so vibrant!

Anna said...

Lovely colors for beautiful pattern !
Your pictures are always "charmantes"...
Hug
Anna

Jeanne said...

How lovely! I own this book, thanks you to and some of your previous work. *Ü* I love the addition of your special friends with the pictures of your beautiful handwork. Yay for you that you are able to crochet once again. At least a little bit, right. And yes, working in the ends as you go is one smart move! Have a lovely day.

Olga Poltava said...

Beautiful motif! I really like that book too, not only it gives written patterns but symbol charts as well.

Lillie and Moss said...

Lovely squares, lovely blog! a new follower...Shari!

dadyar said...

I discovered your website by accident, and I’m stunned why this accident did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it. \ iranclickme.tebyan \ clickme

mehdi said...

وکیل دادگستری
شماره وکیل دادگستری

mehdi said...

پوکه معدنی قروه

پوکه معدنی ****