Yes. Another one.
From the same book as my last doily. This one is called: Blue Velvet.
Gorgeous pineapples (to which I seem quite enamoured with lately) but for some reason this has come out waaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than the finished 34 inches stated in the pattern.
I never check gauge on a doily --- if it calls for size 10 thread and size 7 steel hook, I know the end result will not be that much off. But sheesh! the first 3 rnds were suppose to be almost 4 inches in diameter. Really? Just how big was that hook? Or am I just the tightest crocheter in the world?
Needless to say it is still quite beautiful & flow-ey & blue velvety & it's. a. doily. ( And as much as my family thinks I am completely nuts for being in love with these things --- well, I am.)
Now about the sunshine.
The uber-talented & inspirational Melissa (who, btw -- is instrumental with me getting this completed) gave me a bit of sunshine with this lovely award.
Thank you, Melissa. (You have no idea how grateful I am to you for keeping me focused!)
Part of winning this award is telling a little bit of myself.
How about with pictures?
Here is everything (well....almost everything) I adore:
And now I get to nominate 10 recipients of this sunshine award.
I will give this same award to the first 10 who comment on this post....
1. Aisyah (my dearest of blogirl-friends who inspires/motivates/ & inspires me some more!)
2. Jane S. (who left such a lovely comment)
3. Cherrie (who has been w/ me since the beginning -- I adore her!)
4. Tammy (oh, my goodness! she finds beauty in the remotest of places!)
5. Penelope ( I Love her talent and projects -- and that's with a capital L!)
6. Charlotte (yard sales & crochet --- ok. what more is there?)
7. Alessandra (beauty from Italy)
8. Anna (simply one of my favorites)
9. Ana Paula (gorgeous crochet that I
covet admire deeply!)
10. La Mañosa (if only, if only! I could have an ounce of her quilting skills!)
Okay, girls! Grab your sunshine, tell us about yourselves and nominate 10 other gorgeously talented girls!
And thank you --- all of you! Your blog-friendship is definite sunshine in my world.