9.04.2009

lacework in progress






I started to crochet 10 years ago because I desperately wanted to know how to make doilies. I was fascinated by them -- still am -- and want (okay. need!) to actually feel the delicate & intricate stitches form right in my hands.


Here is the latest delicate lacework forming in my hands. The pattern is called Take a Spin and it is from Decorative CROCHET magazine, March 2001 -- number 80. And I am using this luscious, drapey crochet thread:


It is bamboo crochet thread and wow! it is not stiff or unyielding which is my slight complaint with regular crochet thread. This just feels so incredibly soft and works up even softer.




I have 10 more rows to crochet before it is finished and when done -- it will yield some beautiful pineapples. Which I am especially fond of.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your doilies are just phenomenal! So pretty and delicate. Gorgeous!

Tudy said...

I made a pineapple doily for my cousin many years ago which I posted on my blog several months back. It would cover the top surface of my double bed. I love the pineapple design also. Yours will be beautiful when you get it finished.

Cheryl said...

Wow!! That is really beautiful!

Lynn said...

Love these. Have several inherited from grandmothers and other special family members . . . they are so pretty.... I love how soft bamboo yarn is. I'm thinking of working with some of those fibers myself this fall.

Evelyn said...

Nice job! Have a good weekend.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!!!

Tzugumi said...

Really elegant!!!

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh, this is so beautiful! It reminds me of my grandmother's house when I was little. She loved to crochet the pineapples, too! I hope to become skilled enough someday to be able to do this delicate threadwork - it's the most lovely crochet there is!

QuiltedSimple said...

Your lacework is stunning! I love it.
Kris

Tino said...

Nice job,that is really beautiful!

KARA KUZUCUĞUN ANNESİ said...

That is really beautiful!