5.09.2009

ribbon candy afghan


My hook is flying. And the proof is here ---> my ribbon candy afghan that I started a few posts ago. I need a total of 10 strips, but being this is the easy, non-thinking type of crochet....



.....I can sit, crochet, talk, crochet, wait, crochet, listen & crochet without ripping out the previous row. And this is good -- because sometimes I can't even walk & chew gum at the same time, much less yarnover, find Mount Pinatubo on my daughter's atlas and calculate crochet stitches.



Mindless, repetative. Sometimes that's exactly what a mom needs in her hectic day.



And when it is completed this ribbon of candy afghan will warm the kids when snuggled in front of the TV.
.
.
Emphasis on ---> when.....


6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, love the colors!

Anonymous said...

I love love love the colors! It looks like you have gotten quite a bit done... what is the finished size?

Twyla and Lindsey said...

This is turning out so pretty. The kids may fight over it! I understand about mindless work. That's why I've been making many dishcloths lately:) Twyla

Dandelion Quilts said...

Yea for colors! This just makes you feel cheerful! I bet you get years of use out of it and your kids will fight over it.

QuiltedSimple said...

I love the colors - this will be perfect for the kids when done! So bright and cheerful.
Kris

meggie said...

It is lovely & the children will adore the warmth of it on chilly or blue days!