12.29.2008

another bag


The current fashion craze of black nail polish and skull & cross-bones adorning clothing....eeeehhh. Not exactly my thing. Okay, truly not my style, but when our teen asked if I could make another bag for another friend, I made it to her modern specifications.

And then we found this rather cute skull fabric at the fabric store. Actually, not too scary and quite adorable when coupled with the flowery, black fabric.

And the friend -- well, she loooooooooooooved it. Along with the black nail polish that came with the bag.
~~
Yah...well. My desire will still lie in the vintage-y goodness of the fabrics from my grandma's apron & tattered quilts found hidden in an attic.



6 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Very pretty - even though I too would be wincing to be making the skull and crossbones look as well. I'll take the aprons and the old quilts any day!
Kris

Sally said...

Very pretty, even though I don't usually 'do' skulls and crossbones. Great to see you back in blogland, Dawn! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Lovely bag, indeed! You know, for all the quilts I have made, I am yet to be brave enough to venture out into bag-making... maybe in the New Year?! :)

meggie said...

Perfect for a teen who loves black! It is lovely.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I think it is a lovely black flower bag and don't tell miss teen, but really isn't gothic, but stylish. :) The skull though, that leans it a bit. :) You should have mentioned....I had some of that skull material left from pirate bags from buddies party....I would have sent a scrap your way. You should make patterns for these cute bags....people like me would buy them. It would supply you with free fabric!

midnight hysteria said...

this is a lovely bag for that teen; i think one of my granddaughters would love it ... what pattern did you use?