7.01.2014

linen & lady slipper market bag



If you love to traipse thru a farmer's market as much as I do ~ you must never forget your market bag.  And when that bag is hand-knitted?...well, you have just sweetened the pot.


I am trying my hand at intarsia knitting & I love the whole idea of this technique ~~ ok...seriously LOVE that I can knit a pattern with just 2 simple colors & it looks like something so labor-intensive.

The pattern is this Harvest Market Bag  from this must-have book:



I think about this bag when I go to sleep at night and when I wake in the morning.  ...You can really make something so wonderfully beautiful with a simple stockinette stitch??... 

I know.  I frighten my family when I obsess about this stuff.



And obsess I do because I even love the back of it.



This is the yarn I used:



...and I can't seem to put this project down.  Wait 'til I knit the handles in a round and insert twill tape to finish it off!

Whew.

Such. Excitement.

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Beautiful knit and such a great color combination and pattern! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Lauren | http://www.livelovelauren.com

Tämä Pöllö said...

Looks so pretty! Love your color combination!:::Silvia

Anna said...

Very elaborated ! And beautiful !!!!
Have fun !!!!
Anna

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh it's so pretty. Love the colors you are using. Intarsia is so much fun to knit! The back of your work is very neat and perfect. You are doing such a lovely job. Now when you hit the markets you will have the best looking bag out there!

Happy Knitting. :)

Marilyn said...

think knitting, in the round, with TWILL tape,!!!??? will just take me over the edge... be still my heart!!!
love your enthusiasm over new things... :) :) and I know how you feel...I did intarsia and became obsessed and jumped for joy when done... no one understood of course... but hey... they're all a sandwich short of a picnic...
you'll be the envy of the market place...WELL DONE! x

maschenzucker said...

Wow! I understand you ;O)Raphaele

Dewberry said...

It looks very nice, I really like the colours :)

Pradeepa said...

The color combination is great! This bag is undoubtedly going to be an awesome one!

Sidney said...

Adorei seus trabalhos, lindos , perfeitos, beijos

Sidney said...

Adorei seus trabalhos, lindos , perfeitos, beijos

Roberta Mendes said...

Hi, I love your craft, is beauty, I love a colors, I follow your blog, hugs from Brazil.
Visit my blog - Tita Carré - free patterns crochet

Martha said...

Well done on exploring new knitting techniques. I dont know how to do intarsia myself (I can do colourwork on dpns tho) but I keep seeing lots of intarsia technique explained in hand-books for knitters. It's on my to-do and to-learn list :)

your knitting is coming on nicely. the knitted motif looks very interesting. looking forward to seeing the finished bag.