4.18.2014

strawberry cupcake with a cherry on top




It is my sister-in-law's birthday and not only is she celebrating turning turning 54, she is also celebrating the loss of 130 lbs.

Amazing, to say the least! 

She has sworn off of all sweets --- including cake.



So why not crochet a cupcake that can not be eaten, but just enjoyed.

And oh!  I this pattern!


I've tried crocheting a few different cupcake patterns and all I thought was, ehhhhh.



But this one?  I just love how each piece is made separately and joined at the end.  I know that some will scoff at the extra sewing involved, but I am finding my love for sewing too.

This all came together so quickly and so enjoyably.

That IS the key.



I wanted a little bit more stability to the bottom of the cupcake so I put dried kidney beans in the base (with a circle cut out of cardboard placed before the beans were added.)




Then lots of polyfill.




Sewn together and now Lori has a cupcake that she can enjoy for a long time.





12 comments:

Taci simmons said...

My SIL who I love dearly is turnig 50 this month... She also is doing a big diet and has lost over 60 lbs... What a great , delightable gift... Just the right "eye candy". I love it and I'm going to try to make one for her :)

By Neymes said...

QUE LINDO,FELIZ PÁSCOA.BEIJO.VALÉRIA.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Jeanne said...

Oh Dawn, this is very sweet! I really like the design of this cupcake. I agree with you sewing the pieces separately isn't so bad. I've done my share on past projects. I love your sprinkles!! I'm sure your sister-in-law will love it. What a tremendous accomplishment. Please extend my heartfelt congratulations to her!

Anna said...

Delicious !!!
Happy and Sweet Easter to you and your family !
Anna

annemarie said...

Lovely cupcake - thanks for sharing the pattern. Don't you just love Red Heart soft yarn - one of my favorites. Your sister-in-law will be thrilled with this gift.

Marilyn said...

YOU are the strawberry iced, with sprinkles and a cherry on top cupcake, Cupcake
(or something like that...
I had it right the first time, but then messed up and erased it, so now you are left with this mash up) (but you know what I mean, don't you Sweetie!!!) :)

Kristin said...

That is an adorable cupcake...and such a sweet and supportive reason to make it.

Georgiana said...

So sweet! I must try this type of crocheting someday!

timolea said...

Very nice ! and so sweet !
You can use sock in place of beans. Then you can wash ...

poolcover said...

فاکتورهای زیادی وجود دارد که هنگام ساخت یا اصلاح استخر شما نقش می بندد. زمان سال ، قیمت پوشش استخر، کیفیت خاک ، سطح آب در منطقه ، اندازه حیاط ، مجوزهای محلی و حمل و نقل فقط برای ذکر چند مورد. بهترین شرط شما این است که آنچه را که می خواهید در استخر موجود خود انجام دهید بنویسید و سپس برای تعیین هزینه ها با سازنده خود کار کنید. تا زمانی که راحت نباشید هیچ تعهدی برای پیشبرد پروژه وجود ندارد.

faucetgallon said...

گالن شیر دار 20 لیتری مدل بیوتانک یکی از محصولات موجود در محصول پلاست میباشد که برای حمل آب و نیز استفاده از آن در کارخانه ها و مسافرت مناسب میباشد.
مواد استفاده شده برای تولید این گالن شیر دار پلاستیکی بسیار مرغوب میباشد تا کیفیت و استحکام گالن بالا رود.

این گالن ظرفیت 20 لیتر را دارد

در برابر نورخورشید دارای مقاومت بالا است

دارای شیر خروجی که اب و مایعات درون ان را به راحتی تخلیه میکند.